Ryan Tillotson | November 6, 2012
Sweet naked baby DOBO!
We’re knee deep in the San Diego Beer Week hot tub, ready to drop the towel and take a seat right in front of the bubbly jets. If you’re look for somewhere to park your backside for the beer week extravaganza, look no further than right next to us — we’ve got an event and great beer pouring everyday.
Tuesday November 6th
Lost Abbey Beer Dinner @ Churchills Pub & Grille 7pmsold out
- Lost Abbey Flight Night @ Sol Markets – 4pm-9pm
- Visit David Johnson, our Director of Distribution, and sip on some special Lost Abbey delights. (if you don’t know David, you should. If you’ve ever had our beer anywhere but in the tasting room, he’s the dude that made it happen. You owe him, big time.)
Wednesday November 7th
- Bivalves & Belgians, Lost Abbey Style, at the Linkery – 5pm-11pm
- $4 pours of Deliverance, Cuvee de Tomme, Devotion, Red Barn & Avant Garde paired with your favorite mollusks.
- Lost Abbey @ Counterpoint, Celebrating The Core – 5pm–11:30pm
- No, don’t worry, this has nothing to do with ab crunches (not that it would hurt you). This is a great beer & food pairing line-up for people who love the Craft. More details here.
- Lost Abbey @ Clem’s Taphouse — 6:30pm
- We’ll be pouring some of our legendary sours beer while our Brand Manager (and recent father of twins), Matt Wells, stands by to answer your questions
Thursday, November 8th
- Cable Car 2012 Premiere @ The Toronado — 4pm-7pm
- Oh yeah, it’s the release of the 2012 vintage of our legendary Cable Car (a beer we brew only for the Toronado)! Yes, you can count on The DOBO being there… along with a few bottles of every previous vintage
- Lost Abbey vs. Ommegang: Battle of Belgians @ Sublime Alehouse — 4pm – 11pm
- Oh yeah… gird up for an epic East Coast / West Coast battle as we duke it out for the title of Best Belgian-Inspired brewery in America. Help Ryan and Devon defeat the Evil Ommegang and crown The Lost Abbey champion. (Okay, not really. We like their beer. A lot.)
- West Coast Challenge @ Jsix Lounge — 6pm – 9pm
- Hopheads unite! It’s an IPA competition from 6 San Diego breweries. Vote Port Brewing!
- Beer Dinner @ Ritual Tavern — 6:30pm
- Join Gwen Conley, Sensory Goddess (and Director of Production), as she takes you through an intimate beer pairing at the amazing Ritual Tavern.
Friday November 9th
- Suds County USA Screening @ The Lost Abbey 7pm
- Only the best documentary film about the history of beer in San Diego. A perfect date night. ll the details hereore details.
Saturday November 10th
- Port Brewing & The Lost Abbey Cocktails @ Craft & Commerce 10am
- Join Head Brewer, Mike “Monkey” Rodriguez at Craft & Commerce for an evening enjoying 7 Port & Lost Abbey beers as Mike made them, and then as a cocktail (smoking jacket recommended, but not required)
Sunday November 11th
- The Beer Garden @ The Lodge at Torrey Pines — 12pm-3pm
- An amazing afternoon of beer and food pairing from San Diego’s finest Breweries and Chefs. Click for more details.
Beer and Food Tasting with Tomme Arthur @ OBrein’s — 6:30pmsold out
- Tomme takes you through The Ultimate Box Set. Click for more details.
Sage Osterfeld | October 19, 2012
Join us on our 6th annual adventure into fabled Lost Abbey barrel archives for a unique exploration of rare beers paired with an eclectic selection of fine foods
Once again we’ll be celebrating San Diego Beer Week — this time with two very special evenings of rare beers and fine foods. Limited to 150 people per evening, guests will be treated to barrel-aged beers selected from the recesses of our archives by brewmaster Tomme Arthur and paired with a one-of-a-kind Tapas-style menu prepared by guest chefs. Everyone in attendance will also receive a 750ml bottle of our extremely limited Veritas 011.
- What: Lost Abbey Annual Barrel Night 2012
- When: Nov. 3, 2012 / Nov. 4, 2012 – 7pm to 10pm
(Both evenings will be identical)
- Where: The Lost Abbey / Port Brewing, San Marcos, San Diego County, CA
- How Much: $100 per ticket; maximum of four tickets.
Tickets go on sale Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 4pm PDT and must be purchased online.
Because of strong demand we are doing two evenings, however, we still expect tickets to sell out very quickly., so make sure to purchase your tickets early!
Sage Osterfeld | November 10, 2011
What is unusual, however, is to be driving to work listening to the radio when suddenly the people on air are talking about you (or at least your brewery) being the best in the county — which is exactly what happened to us this morning.
The following is an on air conversation between KPRi 102.1 FM radio personalities Madison and Pamela Howe, and San Diego local beer connoisseur, Robbert Jeffords regarding San Diego Beer Week. Guess who they all agreed as the best brewery in San Diego?
Lost Abbey on KPRi Radio
Sage Osterfeld | October 28, 2011
Okay, so you weren’t able to land tickets to our annual Barrel Party Night. No worries, because we’ve got the next best thing — a live streaming broadcast from the party! Our oh-so suave host, Andy Killion, and The Lost Abbey Camera crew will be there to bring you all faces, food, fun (and, of course, barrel-aged beers) as it happens!